Friday, March 25, 2011

Trails

This week finds me in Portland. Oregon.
Its all lush and springy and blossomy here, and the air feels rich and alive.
It actually feels green.
Cherry blossoms are blooming, sunny daffodils are grinning, rain is falling.

I've really been enjoying walking through neighborhoods and graveyards and parks, but I am dying to get out into some big woods, big moss, big ferns. I've got hiking on the brain. Then I stumbled upon this lovely little time lapse video (thanks again, Boing Boing!) of walking the Appalachian Trail and it was like taking a deep breath. Although it did make me miss spring in the Berkshires and hiking on that trail with friends, it made me equally excited to start exploring the northwest.

Anyway, click below, and enjoy.

Le Video

No comments:

Post a Comment